Revised: April 17, 2020
Promo Hunt, Inc. (together, “Promo Hunt” or “we” and sometimes “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes how Promo Hunt collects, uses and discloses information, and what choices you have with respect to the information.
- organizing it into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented by Promo Hunt and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity.
Table of Contents:
Information We Collect and Receive
Promo Hunt may collect and receive Customer Data and Other Information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals routinely submit Data to Promo Hunt when using the Services. Customer Data includes data submitted to Promo Hunt, such as customer information, supplier information, account information, order information, quote information, presentation information, and communication information.
- Other Information. Promo Hunt also collects, generates, and/or receives Other Information:
- I. Workspace and Account Information.To create or update an account, you or your employer supply Promo Hunt with an email address, phone number, password, domain, company name, photo and/or similar account details. In addition, if you or your employer purchase a paid version of the Services, you may provide Promo Hunt (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- II. Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When you interact with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way you work. For example, Promo Hunt logs the features, content and presentations you view or interact with.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Promo Hunt collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Promo Hunt may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- IV. Member Benefit Services. We may receive data about you and/or your employer from our buying group, regional association, or other partners. For example, a buying group or regional association partner may share your name, company name, and email address with us so that we can make additional information, such as negotiated pricing or coupons, available to you in our Service. Our partners may also let us know when to revoke your access to their data, for example, if your buying group or regional association membership lapses. You may also share data with us to demonstrate you are a member of a buying group or regional association with us, for example, by demonstrating a successful login to their websites.
- V. Third Party Data. Promo Hunt may receive data about you, your company, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- VI. Internet Activity. Our Extension collects some of your internet activity. We extract information relevant to promotional products, such as supplier identifiers, product numbers, product names, product colors, other product data, and promotional product search query data, to provide and improve our Services. We do not view, access, or store your login credentials for any third party service when you use our Service.
- VII. Data from You. We collect information about your activity in our Services. This may include terms you search for in our Service and products, content, and ads you interact with in our Service.
- VIII. Data from Other Users. Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through our Services. For example, you may be mentioned by another user in a chat feature or in a productivity tool feature. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services. Similarly, an administrator may provide your contact information when they designate you as the billing contact on your company's account or when they designate you as an administrator.
- IX. Additional Information Provided to Promo Hunt. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Services or if you participate in a focus group, survey, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Promo Hunt.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Promo Hunt in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms of Service and your use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. PromoHunt is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Promo Hunt uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services and business. More specifically, Promo Hunt uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services. This includes the use of Other Information to support the delivery of the Services under a Terms of Service, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at a user’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Promo Hunt tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific workspaces and users. For example, we may improve the search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, or expertise to a user, make Services suggestions based on historical use, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To customize and optimize the content or advertisements you receive when you use the Service, and otherwise improve your experience on our service.
- Help promotional product suppliers and manufacturers promote their products, services, events and posts through our Service. We will not directly disclose your personally identifiable information for this purpose, but your information may be used to determine which users see these promotions based upon a user’s profile or browsing experience.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To facilitate interactions between you and a third-party at your request.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To contact you about our own and third-party goods and services.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we may sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Promo Hunt. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative manners.Promo Hunt may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
If Information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, Promo Hunt may use it for any business purpose.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Promo Hunt may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Promo Hunt does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Promo Hunt will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms of Service and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Suppliers. To process order, quote and other requests entered on the Service at the Customer’s instruction, Promo Hunt may share Customer Data with the suppliers specified by the Customer.
- Displaying the Services. When a user submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other users in the same or connected workspaces, or to all users if posted by a user on public areas of the Service.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for users to collaborate.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. These third party service providers include but are not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Inc. and Google LLC. These third parties are bound contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Member Benefit Services. Customer may access Member Benefit Services information in the Services. For example, if you are a member of a buying group or regional association, you may be able to access the third party’s member benefit information in the Services. Promo Hunt may share your name, company name, and email address information with Third Party Member Services where we believe we have a mutual relationship with the Customer. Member Benefit Services are not owned or controlled by Promo Hunt, and these third parties that have been granted access to your name, company name, and email address information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. We require partner Third Party Member Benefit Service providers to agree that they will not sell or otherwise redisclose your personal information.
- Corporate Affiliates. Promo Hunt may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Promo Hunt’s Business. If Promo Hunt engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Promo Hunt’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as sharing a report with a buying group partner outlining which supplier websites are most frequently visited in aggregate by their distributor members.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Promo Hunt or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Promo Hunt may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Promo Hunt takes security of data very seriously. Promo Hunt works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Promo Hunt cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Promo Hunt does not allow use of our Services by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Promo Hunt, Inc.
PO BOX 351
ASHEVILLE, NC 28802